The Olympia-Lacey-Tumwater Visitor & Convention Bureau (OLTVCB) works with one-of-a-kind professionals, passionate about serving up the best of what they have to offer. These are the people who work day in and day out to create memorable and meaningful experiences for our visitors. From the coffee shop baristas and hotel managers to local artists, farmers and brewers -- Thurston County's many cities are rich with people and stories that bring our destination to life and make this a remarkable place to visit.
Our role as zealous destination marketers is to share these stories with the world -- to showcase the businesses and organizations that make our destination flourish.
Because of this, we offer a robust marketing package designed to promote local businesses in the form of OLTVCB Membership. OLTVCB Membership gives businesses access to more than a hundred thousand visitors planning trips to the region. It connects them to the lucrative visitor market known for spending more per party, per day than residents. It gives them the chance to share their story beyond the boundaries of Thurston County with potential to expand their brand in big ways. It gives them opportunity.
For only $200 annually ($100 for nonprofits with less than $100k revenue), OLTVCB Membership includes:
- Web listing, photos and social media links on VisitOlympia.com
- Ability to offer special discounts or deals on VisitOlympia.com
- Display of rack card at the Visitor Information Center
- Promotion through social media, blogs, and newsletters
- Opportunity to share booth space at tradeshows where applicable
- Connect and network with tourism professionals at Tourism Together events
- Inclusion in Familiarization (FAM) Tours when applicable
- Ability to advertise in the Official Visitor Guide for Thurston County
- Access to leads and referrals
- And more! Join us at tradeshows and sales missions and take advantage of other opportunities that come up throughout the year.
Special Thurston Bountiful Byway Membership benefits include (no additional charge, subject to approval from Thurston Agritourism Committee):
- Listing on Thurston Bountiful Byway Map/Brochure
- Listing on Thurston Bountiful Byway website, ThurstonBountifulByway.com
- Lodging properties within Thurston County who collect TPA revenues do not pay for member benefits.
- Lodging properties with more than 40 rooms within Thurston County who do NOT collect TPA revenues pay $500 annually.
- Lodging properties with fewer than 40 rooms and do not collect TPA revenues within Thurston County, pay standard membership fees.
Beyond Thurston County
- Businesses and organizations located beyond Thurston County are eligible for VCB membership for an additional $50 annual fee.
- Lodging properties located outside of Thurston County are not eligible for VCB membership.
- Note: If a lodging property also serves as an attraction (eg: casino), they can pay the standard VCB membership fee, plus the $50 out-of-county membership fee, and be listed as an attraction. We cannot, however, list the property in the lodging section of any marketing collateral.
MEMBERSHIP FAQ'S (Policies)
When can I join?
We accept new members throughout the year. We do have some printing/editing deadlines throughout the year that may impact delivery of certain benefits. Please ask your VCB representative for details.
When do I renew?
We will send you annual renewal invoices on the anniversary of your membership. Please note that failure to renew your membership within 60 days of receiving your invoice will cause your membership and member benefits to expire.
When does my membership begin?
After your payment is processed, our team will email you a letter welcoming you to the OLTVCB.
What is expected of me when I become a member?
In order to ensure we are promoting the best possible experience to visitors, we ask that all members follow the VCB Code of Ethics. We also invite you to participate and engage with the Thurston County tourism community by attending VCB events, networking with your fellow VCB members and looking for new ways to collaborate and partner. Finally, please read all VCB emails and ensure we have updated contact information. These communications include important information regarding your member benefits, destination results and special marketing and network opportunities.
I am not quite ready to join as a paying member, what can I do?
We do our best to be an accurate and complete source of information on the Thurston County area. Even if you are not quite ready to become a paying member, we would love to hear from you. Please contact our Destination Marketing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.